Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies


Summary: When she wakes up in unfamiliar surroundings, Skye knows something terrible has happened to her. It's not until she hears Asher, the dark, rebellious angel she fell in love with, that the memories come flooding back. She tries to put the past behind her, but she knows she'll be forever haunted by the ruthless betrayal that almost took her life.

Skye returns home, but with the knowledge of who she really is, nothing can ever be the same. As she tests the limits of her newfound powers, Skye discovers that she's capable of far more than anyone could have imagined. Both the Order and the Rebellion want her for their side as war between the factions looms. She can't forget the terrifying truth she now knows about the Order, but something holds her back from embracing the Rebellion. (Summary from Goodreads.com)



My Thoughts: I was really happy and excited with the first book in this series, A Beautiful Dark. The cliffhanger ensured that when A Fractured Light came out I bought it as soon as possible, but it was not what I was expecting. I felt like the book just kept repeating the same things over and over again. At times i just wished Skye would make up her mind and choose between the boys too, I felt so bad for both of them by the end of the book. I did like that Skye has decided to go her own way in life, it was great to see how much she matured in the book as well, but the book as an entirety just felt lacking. It just didn't have that story line that kept you on edge and didnt' allow you to put the book down. Don't get me wrong, there are some great things happening in this book, and I believe the next book in the series will be phenomenal. But for me, this book in the series slightly dull. Still glad I read it because the ending was absolutely heartbreaking and I didn't see that one coming!

My Rating: 3.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment