Friday, November 2, 2012

Feature and Follow #4


Q: What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can't deal with bad editing?


The deal breaker I have with books has to do with the main character. Specifically the main female character. Most books have great characters, but in some of the paranormal ones I have read recently I could not finish them. The heroine of the story annoyed me that much. What annoys me about them you ask? Their inability to accept the changes that are going on around them. For most that means discovering the supernatural world exists. I understand that that must be a major shocker and be the cause of some major doubt, but after 300 hundred pages of the female character refusing to accept anything about what is happening and making stupid decisions because of it, I usually have to stop. I would prefer to read a book with a strong female lead, not a weak one. 

Also bad editing can be a struggle. I read a lot of self published books from Smashwords. At times I want to send back a pdf file with the fixed grammer and spelling mistakes. I have gone as far to fix them on my own computer, which can be annoying. :(

3 comments:

  1. Ohh that is a good one! I often think the same thing in paranormal. I just want to say get over it your life changed there are things that go bump in the night, deal with it! LOL

    New network blog follower!

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must also love the main character! If I am not rooting for them then what is the point?

    New Follower via GFC. Would love for you to stop by my blog and check it out. :)

    Christine
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, just hopping by and became a new follower, Here's my link PageGirlsPageofBookReviews
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete