Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

Summary:
Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction. (Summary by Goodreads.com)


My Thoughts:
The first thing that caught my attention was the cover for this book. I think that this is one of the best covers of the year. By far my favorite! I was pleasantly suprised with how original the story was. There are a lot of YA books out there about the elements, but Fallon goes above and beyond to really create her own world!

The only negative I heart about the book was the info dumping. I can see why that might bother some readers, but the scene where most of the information was located was completely necessary. It allowed Fallon to focus on other parts of the story and not just Megan spending 300 pages trying to figure out all of the information about the elements. So I considered it a major selling point of the book.

The relationship Megan has with her father made me smile. They have so much respect for one another and so much love, it was very touching!

The anticipation of the relationship between Megan and Adam kept me reading. I was hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed and I was glad when Adam was finally the one to take the leap and break the rules! It really got the rest of the story rolling. I was stunned by what the Order had to say about their relationship. I kept thinking no way no way no way! Adam and Megan belong together! I pray that in the following two books that they are not forced to separate because of some prophecy!!

The ending was fantastic! I was so happy that Megan was able to find her element and use it so breathtakingly!!!! 

This is a great start to what I hope will be an amazing series!!!! A must read!

Rating: 4.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment