Thursday, October 11, 2012

Seduction and Snack by Tara Sivec

Summary:
Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he's asleep) toddler a better life. 

When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time. 

With Carter's undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire's panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after. (Summary by Goodreads.com)

Warning: contains explicit sex, profanity and enough sarcasm to choke a horse.


My Thoughts:
Holy Cow! This book was, without a doubt, the funniest book I have ever had the pleasure to read! Tara Sivec's style of writing is completely different from other adult books out there. This book should be read when no one else is around you. You will burst out laughing, there is no controlling it. I made the mistake of reading it at work, and people thought I was crazy. :)

Claire, who does NOT want children, experiences every women's worst nightmare while in college. She is pregnant, and can not find the father of her child. Which is really bad because she really really liked him, not just the sex. 

I really liked the dual point of views. The only thing I would change would be some sort of warning at the begging of the chapter. The first chapter through Carter's point of view, I didn't know it was dual point of view and was confused for a page or two. Once you get that down though, you will fall in love with Carter! He has secretly spent all of these years wishing he could find the girl that smells like chocolate. The girl who's virginity he stole, forgetting to get her name before he passed out. :) He is unbelievable sweet! His best friend Drew, it a riot! The t-shirts were my favorite part. 

I was so happy when they find each other again! There is not much in the way of story development, but there really doesn't need to be. You will be too busy laughing your butt off to worry about anything else. 

Gavin......if I ever have a child like him I don't know what I will do with myself. I can't even put into words how much that child cracked me up in this book. He really stole the show in parts. 

Adults only!!!!!!!! Contains profanity, sex, alcohol, and a bunch of other adult like things. :)

Rating: 5 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely appealing book cover ! Thanks for popping over to our weekly book blog hop this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I have not laughed so hard while reading a book ever!! Loved this story...funny characters..romance..love...Gavin is hilarious!! Love Drew's tshirts!!! Wow!!! Cant wait to read the 2nd book and so glad that there is one....I hope it is just as good....get this book..you will not be sad.

    Marlene Detierro (Hummer H1 Parts)

    ReplyDelete