Monday, October 1, 2012

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Summary:
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. 

Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. 

There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. 


But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck. ( Summary by Goodreads.com)

My Thoughts:
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I first read this book. I almost didn't read it but I was sure glad that I did! I love the world that Jennifer has created with this new series. She has taken some old greek concepts and made it all completely her own!

Alex is by far the feistiest female character that I have read about in a long time. I love that even though her decision making skills are not the best, she puts everything she has into what she believes. She is a true fighter and it was really fun to watch her try to acclimate herself back into Covenant life. 

Aiden is what every girl wants. Wonderful body, caring, great personality, and one hell of a fighter. He thinks things through before he acts. The complete opposite of Alex in many ways, but they are just perfect for each other. I could not believe the rule about relationships between a Pure and a Half-Blood. Just seems ridiculous!

It was heartbreaking to find out the truth about what became of Alex's mom. There was no right or wrong way to deal with that information. Then to top it all off, she meets Seth. I really did not like this character, especially what him being the Apollyon meant for Alex and her connection with him. 

By the end I should have expected something so bold and rushed by Alex, but her decision once again blew my mind. I was so relieved when the whole ordeal was over for Alex and she was once again safe, even though nothing will ever be the same again. 

Rating: 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment