Thursday, September 27, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Summary:
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is. (Summary by Goodreads.com)


My Thoughts:

This is the type of book that once you start, you don't put it down until you have finished the darn thing. Wow! The complicated relationship between Katy and Daemon had me eagerly turning the pages to see what Daemon would do next to piss Katy off. And then the laptop scene...finally! I about jumped for joy! 

I can understand why Daemon is so standoffish though. His main priority is to his sister. Dee is his world and he would do anything to keep her safe, even it is means pretending that he doesn't feel a connection with Katy. He even seems to confuse himself with his actions towards her half of the time. Luckily Dee keeps Katy around. She just wants everyone to get along and have a normal friend.


Katy is everything Daemon really needs. She is strong, independent, and will never put up with crap from anybody. I loved how seriously she took their secret and how well she took the fact that her best friend and her brother were aliens! Then she put herself in the line of fire twice, once to save Daemon and the other to protect Dee, with the Arum. Katy is also quite humorous. Half of the time her thoughts had me cracking up/ laughing out loud. Combine her with the bubbly personality of Dee and you have an awesome friendship! 


My favorite scene was probably the cafeteria scene. I do not like Ash and to see Katy go all food ninja on her was just priceless! :)


I would totally recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read! The ending will have you running out to buy the next book in the series for sure!


Rating: 5 Stars! 


No comments:

Post a Comment