Friday, September 28, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Summary:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies… (Summary by Goodreads.com)


My Thoughts:

I could not wait for this book to come out! Obsidian left us right after Daemon saves Katy's life by healing her after she used her self as bait to lure the arum away from Dee and their home. While Katy is thankful for being saved, she is not too thrilled about the connection the healing has seemed to forge between her and Daemon. She is convinced that since Daemon didn't want her before he healed her, that anything he feels for her now is only due to the connection. SHe doesn't want someone to be with her because of some crazy alien induced connection, she wants someone to really want to be with her without feeling forced.

Daemon has never been more sure of his feeling for Katy, but not matter what he does or says, he can not convince her that he wanted her before he healed her, and his attraction to her is not because of their new connection. Then enters Blake. Katy is all to thrilled to have a chance to go out with a "normal" boy who might actually want to spend time with her because he WANTS to! But things are never as they seem and even Blake has a secret.

Katy is left to make a lot of hard decisions in this book and things quickly spiral out of control. While Katy has learned to control some of her new powers, there is still a lot left to learn and unfortunately she has put her trust in the wrong person. 

Things heat up for katy and Daemon even through all of their bickering. All I could think of is finally!!!! 

The ending is so sad, I really wanted to cry. I was not expecting someone to actually die in this book and I can see how those events are going to shape the rest of the books in this series. 

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a hilarious and romantic read. Daemon and Katy both will have you laughing out loud and unable to put the book down until you have read every last word! 

Rating: 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment