Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tell Me You Want Me by Amelia James

Summary: A steamy romance sure to get your juices flowing. FOR ADULTS ONLY.

"I can give you exactly what you're asking for, Janie, and I can give it to you all night long." 

Their first kiss is impulsive, fun, a little wicked--everything Jane Elliot isn't looking for in a man--but desperately needs. Their second kiss is slow, deliberate, an instant connection--everything Austin Sinclair never had with a woman--and doesn't want.

Jane isn't the easy conquest Austin's used to. She's a stubborn-as-hell bookworm who's more interested in studying than dating. She needs a little--no--a lot of fun in her life, and Austin's just the guy who can give it to her. Too bad she thinks love should easy. Too bad Austin knows it isn't. 

Everybody told her to stay away from the heartbreaker, but Jane knows there's more to Austin than full-body contact kisses and bad boy charm. All he ever promised her was a good time and wow, does he ever deliver.


My Thoughts:

I read the summary for this book and I was so excited to get to read it last night, but I'm not sure that it fully reached my expectations. 

There were many good parts to this book. I loved the back and forth banter between Jane and Austin. She is the first girl that doesn't put up with his BS and not only does he like it, but us readers like it as well. Makes for some very humorous scenes. I really liked jane. Sure she still has things she needs to over come in life, but she doesn't let the expectations of others get in the way of her goals. 

The two best friends, Sarah and Jack, were great supporting characters. eaching giving their friends different things, but needed for the story to fully progress the way that it did. 

It was also great to see Austin overcome his fears. He learned that he can be a one woman man and that he doesn't have to be scared of his father. He can do what ever makes him happy and be with whoever makes him happy.

While there are many good points to this book, there just seemed to be something missing. In most books you get to that pivotal point in the storyline, the climax. I just never felt that we reached one in this book. I felt like I kept waiting for sometihng to happen but never did. Yes Austin overcame his fears, but it that part just felt like another part of the story that should be leading up to something. I guess the word for is dull. I was left wanting more by the end of the book. 

I don't regret reading the book, because there were some times that I laughed my butt off while reading it, and the romance scenes were greatly done!

Rating: 3.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment